Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Close Encounters of the 4-D



Yesterday Steph and I went to go get a 4-D ultrasound.  We chose a location close to our house that a friend had gone to.  Insight Ultrasound in Thousand Oaks.  The location was really close to our house about 5 minutes away.  The offices are very nice and the room where the ultrasounds are given was quite nice.  As you can tell by the picture above, mom lays on the bed and dad sits in the big chair next to it.  I'm sure I could have crashed on the bed too but it was dark and there was soft music playing so I might have fallen asleep.  So at first I chose the chair but then after 10 minutes by behind hurt so I switched to the couch.  

The ultrasound is projected onto the wall with a projection unit so it is easy for all to see.  Our 2D ultrasound was going fine and we got another gender determination.  Male....very male....we'll just leave it at that.  Well wouldn't you know it.  That little bugger turned away from us and showed his back the entire time.  We were unsuccesfull at obtaining a clear 4D image!  We were sad however the tech (I didn't get her name) said we were able to come back and get a mulligan.  I thought this was nice, however with the amount we were spending they better let us come back!  Haha.  Anyway, packages are decent priced from $75 all the way up to $200.  They have two locations: Thousand Oaks and Santa Clarita.  Overall I was very pleased with Insight and would recommend them to everyone who wants more pictures.  Our Doc has been pretty light with giving us ultrasound pics...a total of 3 so far....Insight gave us at least 10.  Hopefully those will be posted as soon as I can get some scanned.

No comments:

Post a Comment