Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Babies R Us Debacle

********
UPDATE
********
Babies R Us called us tonight to let us know they infact found our changing table in the back room of the store.  See we weren't lying Mr. R Us.  We get to pick it up later this week since we're fairly busy the next few days.
********
UPDATE
********

I have many a friend who works for R-Us chain.  I myself at one point worked for ToysRUs in the backroom unloading trucks and managing backstock and bikes.  So I know how things can run in a store that size.  Now recently my inlaws decided to buy us a crib for our baby.  I very generous thing to do, however we get there and they're running a massive sale if you buy 3 peices you get 10% off, buy a crib get a free mattress set, open a RUs card and get 15% off and we received a 15% coupon from my good friend Dave.  So what was to be a single crib, turned into a crib, changing table, and dresser for our little tyke.  Flash forward several weeks we receive a call that our items are in the store and we need to come pick them up.  My father-in-law and I jump in his truck and make the trip out to Simi Valley.  The kid working there tells us he's pretty sure all the stuff is in and he will bring it out to us.  He brings out the dresser and the crib, no changing table.  We've already been run through the register (at his instuction) so the computer thinks we've picked everything up.  The manager on duty has no idea how to void the transaction and tells us there's pretty much nothing we can do except have her write a note on our receipt saying we didn't get the changing table.

3 weeks later.  No changing table.  Steph (my wife) has been on the phone with them all day and has been disconnected twice.  I'm starting to lose my faith in Babies R Us.  Hopefully this will get figured out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment